Five Favorite Pins of February

Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Since it's almost Valentine's Day, I realized it's time for my linky party for February!

Five favorite music education pins of February, including sound houses, self-assessment folders, and more!

If you are a blogger, feel free to join the linky party by following the directions at the end of this post. Here are my five favorite pins this month! You can click on each picture to be taken to the original pin.

#1: Self-assessment folders


This pin shows how you could use these folders to have students assess themselves with exit tickets. I recently posted about The Bulletin Board Lady's exit ticket set, and I think these folders could be a great way of both collecting exit tickets AND having students assess their understanding.

#2: Quotes from children's literature

This site has fifteen wonderful quotes from children's literature. I'm thinking of choosing a few of them, printing them, and posting them in my room!

#3: Penguin Waddle Race

I love the clip art of Pink Cat Studio, but I also love the interactive games she posts! This one is a freebie you can use to suit your needs--ask whatever questions you want to five different teams or five different students, and watch the penguins waddle ahead. So creative and cute!

#4: Sound houses

This is such a cute game for instrument identification! Could be done in small groups and would only take a section of a lesson.

#5: Pondering on group projects

I just blogged about group work, so I was very interested to read this blog by Teach123. I was especially intrigued because she used a scene from "Dead Poets' Society"--one of my favorite movies--to illustrate a point about conformity and group work. She posed some thought-provoking questions that have me re-thinking how I might adapt group projects in the future!

Those are my five favorite pins of this month...what are yours? Make sure to click the links below to read the favorite pins of other music bloggers!




    10 comments

    1. Hello! I’m an elementary band and orchestra director in Maryland and recently found your blog. It’s been very helpful to get some ideas for my summer camp program! I linked you on my own blog! If you have some time feel free to check it out! Thanks for such a great resource!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi Brittany,
        Thanks for your kind words. I look forward to reading your blog! I just added your blog to my blog list! :)

        Delete
    2. As usual, I learn so much from you and your posts. Thanks for sharing your faves.

      ReplyDelete
    3. We love Sound House in K-3rd grade music class! I've always called it Mystery of Secret Instrument, but I love the idea of making a tri-fold poster into a house. I think I found my next project. :-)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Great pins! I found that same self-assessment folder post recently. I over the idea so much that I made it part of my bulletin board. I posted over on my blog about it a few weeks ago. The kids really like being able to let me know how they are doing, without having to admit to me personally that they need more help.

      ReplyDelete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more
      on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.

      web design

      ReplyDelete
    7. Dead Poets Society is one of my all time favorite movies. There are so many lessons in that movie that teachers can use. Thank you for the shout out!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Dead Poets Society is one of my all time favorite movies. There are so many lessons in that movie that teachers can use. Thank you for the shout out!

      ReplyDelete

    latest videos

    ON YOUTUBE