New resources

Wednesday, March 25, 2015


This past week, I had the awesome opportunity of chairing and presenting at the OAKE conference in Minneapolis. It was such a whirlwind of events, visiting with friends, meetings, workshops, and concerts (which I will write about later), but I did have a little bit of time to go shopping at the exhibits. There aren't many other times when you have so many great music education resources all in one place, so I thought I'd share what I bought! Here is a picture:

New resources: Pictures books, CD's, and more from a music conference!

Click the pictures below to view and/or purchase each of the resources.

Jennie Jenkins: A great picture book for the music room! Blog post includes other great picture books!

I've already used this book with my students...beautiful illustrations and such a fun song! It is a great book for getting students calm after a less-than-calm activity!

Blowin' in the wind:  A great picture book for the music room! Blog post includes other great picture books!
This is one of my favorite songs. The illustrations are breathtaking, and I think this could be an awesome listening lesson for upper elementary!

Sleep:  A great picture book for the music room! Blog post includes other great picture books!
This beautiful book is based off of Eric Whitacre's "Sleep." This video showcases Whitacre's virtual choir for the song...both the book and the video would make SUCH great listening lessons!

Such a great way to show how technology can be used to create and perform!


In this blog post, I wrote about one of my favorite dances, "Highway No. 1." This CD includes that track as well as many others from Russia, Netherlands, France, and more, as well as dance instructions for each!

I have had the same bee puppet for 15 years...so I thought I should buy a new one for "Bee Bee Bumblebee." So cute! A note, though: the fingers are really small (great for kids' hands, but hey, it works for me too, since my hands are also small!) 

I will write about one more resource I'm super excited about very soon. Did you get a chance to shop at any recent conferences? What were your favorite purchases?



2 comments

  1. I bought many fun things at OAKE, but my favorites so far are the Jenny Jenkins book (SO pretty) and my "Bear in a tree stump" puppet. I'm also excited to dive into Kodaly in Kindergarten, but that may have to wait until summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the bear in the tree stump! I meant to look at Kodaly in Kindergarten and completely forgot...looks like a great resource!

      Delete

latest videos

ON YOUTUBE