Audacity Tutorial

Wednesday, June 18, 2014


Hi everyone!
I recently did a technology workshop for VOKE (Virginia Organization of Kodaly Educators), and we briefly discussed Audacity. which you can download for free here. It's a great program for editing music quickly. Some of the workshop attendees wanted to know if I would do a video tutorial about taking a track from itunes, editing it in Audacity, then exporting it back into itunes so you can burn a CD.

Audacity tutorial: How to edit a track from iTunes, for use with a performance or a music lesson

I've never made a video tutorial before, but here it is! (And because I'd never made one before, the Irish music is barely audible, so I apologize! The information still applies.)


What are your tips for using Audacity? Feel free to comment below!

5 comments

  1. I love your technology tidbits! Our school is 1:1 and it's hard to integrate technology into my classroom without having a smartboard. Plus, I love using your ideas to connect with other music teachers. Thank you, thank you!

    I was wondering if you have ever tried using Aurasma. It's the next big technology thing I'd like to tackle this summer. Just wondering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used Auras from other teachers this year, but I want to dig in and start creating my own channel and trigger images this summer. Thanks for the quick reply!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there.

    (Sorry, I thought I replied at the wrong place. So I'm putting my comment back. I can't figure out exactly where to post on your blog.) I am a veteran music teacher who shies away from posts and such, so I don't know much about "how to post". However, I was delighted to find a link to your products on Pinterest and realize that you're a Kodaly teacher! I have the first two levels of certification (will have to go out of state for third) and must say it revolutionized my teaching; especially when I stepped down from teaching HS to elementary. I was also proud to see another Kodaly pal commenting on your products at TPT, where my cart is now full! Thank you for all the hard work you've put in to creating your products. I'm sure I will find a lot of use for them. I attended the Dallas Conference several years ago and I'm a member of the KENF Chapter.

    Happy summertime! Jeri in NW Florida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeri,
      Thanks so much for your kind words! Always happy to find Kodaly-inspired teachers. :) Maybe we can meet at a conference sometime? :)
      Have a great rest of your summer!
      Aileen

      Delete

latest videos

ON YOUTUBE